Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
“A leader… is like a shepherd. The person stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”
How do you want to lead?
You’re in a leadership role and feel overwhelmed by the seemingly endless responsibilities. I’ll partner with you to unlock the answers that are already inside you and reveal the strong, inspiring leader you seek to become.
We’ll use the VIS formula, practicing Introspection to bring awareness to your biggest concerns as a leader, defining what you Value most about leadership by considering those leaders whom you respect, and telling your Story, first to yourself, and then to your direct reports, leadership, and peers about the leader you are and the leader you want to become.
This is for you if
- You have stepped into a leadership role and you feel overwhelmed
- You fear that you’re going to mess up your direct reports’ lives
- You don’t know your leadership style
- You have no idea how to manage managers who report to you
- You have a hard time with difficult conversations
- You don’t have a vision and mission for your team
- You find it difficult to speak your truth to your team, peers, leadership, and board members
- You have a hard time making progress with your agenda
This isn’t for you if
- You’re exclusively seeking training in leadership skills
- You are seeking a consultant who will tell you how you should lead
- You are disinterested in learning and growing
- You think coaching happens exclusively during our sessions (the majority of coaching happens between our sessions as you attempt the homework that you assign yourself)
- You are seeking a therapist or counselor to heal the wounds of your past or to address a chronic situation like depression
Introductory Conversation: We start with a 45-minute conversation to understand where you are and what you’re seeking from coaching. I’ll also explain more about how I coach and provide the following logistics about how we can work together.
Monthly Subscription: This model creates a cadence of accountability for yourself while allowing the flexibility of starting and stopping when you want after an initial three-month commitment.
- At least 1 60-minute session or 2 30-minute sessions per month for at least 3 months
- Unlimited support
- Assigned homework at the end of each coaching session – Coaching sessions plant seeds. What happens in between the sessions is what makes those seeds grow. You will assign yourself homework at the end of each session. I’ll follow up on that homework between sessions, and we’ll review that homework within the following session.
- Between sessions – I will check in with you via email every 7-10 business days. I will respond to your email or text within 1-2 business days.
- Resources – Upon request I will provide resources – articles, books, podcasts, videos – that help you reinforce the wisdom you unlock during our sessions.
Hogan Assessment (Standalone or Paired with Monthly Subscription): Together we’ll review the Hogan Assessment results which provides insight into how people experience you. Whether or not you proceed with a full coaching partnership, the realizations that you’ll gain from the assessments and debrief will change the way you view your world. See more about the Hogan Assessment here.
Full 360 (Standalone or Paired with Monthly Subscription): I will interview 10-12 colleagues via phone or web conference. Then I will create a synthesized report of your strengths and opportunities for development which we will review together.
Ad Hoc Coaching: This allows you to work with me on a session by session basis. You will receive a 60-minute session and a monthly check-in.
For additional services including group coaching, leadership development curriculum, team building, career workshops, and speaking engagements please contact me for additional information.