David Whyte, Crossing the Unknown Sea
“Good work, done well for the right reasons and with an end in mind, has always been a sign, in most human traditions, of an inner and outer maturity.”
What is the good work that you want to do?
Whether you are “stuck” in your current role with no way forward or searching for your next role with little to no success, I will act as a partner and guide who helps you find the good work that you want to do well and for the right reasons. We will use the VIS formula, that is we will practice Introspection to bring awareness to those thinking patterns that hold you back, define what you Value most in all aspects of your life, and tell your Story, first to yourself, and then to family, friends, acquaintances, recruiters, hiring managers, and anyone else who can help you get to that next role.
This is for you if
- You feel stuck in your current role
- You know you want to try another career, but you don’t know what you want
- You have a dream job but it doesn’t seem feasible, so you leave it as an unattainable dream
- You are told that you need to improve your executive presence
- You are told that you need to speak up more
- You feel like you’re “behind” in your career
- You have hit a plateau and can’t seem to progress to the next level
This isn’t for you if
- You are overly focused on one role and/or one way of seeking roles
- You are disinterested in learning and growing
- You think coaching happens exclusively during our sessions (the majority of coaching happens between our sessions as you attempt the homework that you assign yourself)
- You don’t engage in a session at least once every 5 weeks (unless there are extenuating circumstances)
- You are seeking a consultant who will tell you what jobs you should seek and/or take
- You are seeking a therapist or counselor to heal the wounds of your past or to address a chronic situation like depression
Each package includes the following:
- 1 x An informal 30-60 minute introductory conversation – I share a bit more about myself, explain a bit more about what coaching is and how I do it, and seek to understand how coaching might help you.
- 1 x the Hogan Assessments and Review – Together we’ll review the results of these completed assessments. They provide insight into how people experience you. Whether or not you proceed with a full coaching partnership, the realizations that you’ll gain from the Hogan assessments and debrief alone will change the way you view your world. See more about the Hogan Assessment here.
- Assigned homework at the end of each coaching session – Coaching sessions plant seeds. What happens in between the sessions is what makes those seeds grow. You will assign yourself homework at the end of each session, and we’ll review that homework within the following session.
- Support between sessions – I am at your service through text, email, and/or quick phone chats for cheerleading, holding you accountable, and/or checking in.
- Reflection session after every 6 sessions – After every 6 sessions, I will tell you the story of your evolution from my perspective using the notes I take during our sessions as well as the correspondence between sessions. This provides you a glimpse into the changes you have created for yourself during the coaching relationship.
- Choice of cadence – You choose your cadence. That said, my most successful partnerships have occurred bi-monthly. This offers my clients adequate time to complete their assignments without losing momentum. In the spirit of accountability, a session is deducted if you do not schedule a session within 5-weeks of the prior session.
package 1: I want a nudge
This is for you if you feel like you know what you want, and you want someone to help nudge you in that direction.
- Hogan Assessments
- 6 60-minute sessions
- 1 60-minute reflection session
- 1 15-minute phone check-in between sessions
- Email check-ins every 12-15 days
- All subsequent sessions remain at the 6-hour rate.
package 2: I feel stuck
This is for you if you feel lost or stuck with no idea how to proceed.
- Hogan Assessments
- 12 60-minute sessions
- 2 60-minute reflection sessions (1st after 6 sessions, 2nd after 12 sessions)
- Unlimited support between sessions including check-ins every 7-10 days
- All subsequent sessions remain at the 12-hour rate.
You can also choose not to engage in a package. Instead, you can choose ad hoc coaching at an hourly rate. This would include assigned homework, an email check-in every 14-21 days, and email support between sessions. Both the Hogan Assessments and Review and Reflection sessions are available at an additional cost.
For additional services including group coaching, leadership development curriculum, team building, career workshops, and speaking engagements please contact me for additional information.