David Whyte, Crossing the Unknown Sea
“Good work, done well for the right reasons and with an end in mind, has always been a sign, in most human traditions, of an inner and outer maturity.”
What is the good work that you want to do?
Whether you’re “stuck” in your current role with no way forward or searching for your next role with little to no success, I’ll act as a partner and guide who helps you find the good work that you want to do well and for the right reasons.
We’ll use the VIS framework, practicing Introspection to bring awareness to those thinking patterns that hold you back, defining what you Value most in all aspects of your life, and telling your Story, first to yourself, and then to family, friends, acquaintances, recruiters, hiring managers, and anyone else who can help you get to that next role.
This is for you if
- You feel stuck in your current role
- You know you want to try another career, but you don’t know what that looks like
- You have a dream job but it doesn’t seem feasible
- You’re told that you need to improve your executive presence
- You’re told that you need to speak up more
- You feel like you’re “behind” in your career
- You have hit a plateau and can’t seem to progress to the next level
This isn’t for you if
- You’re seeking a consultant who will tell you what jobs you should seek and take
- You’re disinterested in learning and growing
- You think coaching happens exclusively during our sessions (the majority of coaching happens between our sessions as you attempt the homework that you assign yourself)
- You’re seeking a therapist or counselor to heal the wounds of your past or to address a chronic situation like depression
Free Intro Session: We partner within a 45-minute conversation to understand what you really want and what’s getting in the way of getting what you want.
Monthly Subscription: This model creates a cadence of accountability for yourself while allowing the flexibility of starting and stopping when you want after an initial three-month commitment.
- I work with you to co-create the cadence. Usually, people opt for 1 60-minute session per month for at least 3 months. That said, I’m open to discussing the cadence that works best for you.
- Unlimited support
- Assigned homework at the end of each coaching session – Coaching sessions plant seeds. What happens in between the sessions is what makes those seeds grow. You will assign yourself homework at the end of each session. I’ll follow up on that homework between sessions to see what’s working and what can be tweaked.
- Between sessions – I will check in with you via the medium that works best for you every couple of weeks unless you prefer to communicate more often. I will respond to your email or text within a few business days.
- Resources – Upon request I will provide resources – articles, books, podcasts, videos – that help you reinforce the wisdom you unlock during our sessions.
Hogan Assessment (Standalone or Paired with Monthly Subscription): Together we’ll review the Hogan Assessment results which provides insight into how people experience you. Whether or not you proceed with a full coaching partnership, the realizations that you’ll gain from the assessments and debrief will change the way you view your world. See more about the Hogan Assessment here.
Full 360 (Standalone or Paired with Monthly Subscription): I will interview 10-12 colleagues via phone or web conference. Then I will create a synthesized report of your strengths and opportunities for development which we will review together.
Ad Hoc Coaching: This allows you to work with me on a session by session basis. You will receive a 60-minute session and a monthly check-in. (I offer ad hoc coaching to those who have engaged with coaching for at least 3 consecutive months.)
For additional services including group coaching, leadership development curriculum, team building, career workshops, and speaking engagements please contact me for additional information.