David Whyte, Crossing the Unknown Sea
“Good work, done well for the right reasons and with an end in mind, has always been a sign, in most human traditions, of an inner and outer maturity.”
What is the good work that you want to do?
Whether you are “stuck” in your current role with no way forward or searching for your next role with little to no success, I will act as a partner and guide who helps you find the good work that you want to do well and for the right reasons. We will use the VIS formula, that is we will practice Introspection to bring awareness to those thinking patterns that hold you back, define what you Value most in all aspects of your life, and tell your Story, first to yourself, and then to family, friends, acquaintances, recruiters, hiring managers, and anyone else who can help you get to that next role.
This is for you if
- You feel stuck in your current role
- You know you want to try another career, but you don’t know what you want
- You have a dream job but it doesn’t seem feasible, so you leave it as an unattainable dream
- You are told that you need to improve your executive presence
- You are told that you need to speak up more
- You feel like you’re “behind” in your career
- You have hit a plateau and can’t seem to progress to the next level
This isn’t for you if
- You are overly focused on one role and/or one way of seeking roles
- You are disinterested in learning and growing
- You think coaching happens exclusively during our sessions (the majority of coaching happens between our sessions as you attempt the homework that you assign yourself)
- You don’t engage in a session at least once every 5 weeks (unless there are extenuating circumstances)
- You are seeking a consultant who will tell you what jobs you should seek and/or take
- You are seeking a therapist or counselor to heal the wounds of your past or to address a chronic situation like depression
Subscription 1: I want a nudge (contact me for pricing)
This is for you if you feel like you know what you want, and you want someone to help nudge you in that direction.
- 2 60-minute sessions per month for 3 months
- Regular support* or Unlimited support^
Subscription 2: I feel stuck (contact me for pricing)
This is for you if you feel lost or stuck with no idea how to proceed.
- 2 60-minute sessions per month for 6 months
- Regular support* or Unlimited support^
*Regular support includes the following:
- 1 x A free informal 30-60 minute introductory conversation – I share a bit more about myself, explain a bit more about what coaching is and how I do it, and seek to understand how coaching might help you.
- 1 x the Hogan Assessments and Review – Together we’ll review the results of these completed assessments. They provide insight into how people experience you. Whether or not you proceed with a full coaching partnership, the realizations that you’ll gain from the Hogan assessments and debrief alone will change the way you view your world. See more about the Hogan Assessment here.
- Assigned homework at the end of each coaching session – Coaching sessions plant seeds. What happens in between the sessions is what makes those seeds grow. You will assign yourself homework at the end of each session, and we’ll review that homework within the following session.
- Support between sessions – I will check in with you via email every 7-10 days. I will respond to your email or text within 1 business day.
- Reflection session after every 3 months – After every 3 months (as long as you have attended at least 3 sessions), I will tell you the story of your evolution from my perspective using the notes I take during our sessions as well as the correspondence between sessions. This provides you a glimpse into the changes you have created for yourself during the coaching relationship.
^Unlimited support, for an additional cost, includes the following:
- Everything in regular support – See above for the list of regular services.
- Coach’s notes – I will send my notes after each session.
- Resources – I will send at least 1 resource, that is an article, video, or podcast episode, after each session.
- 15-minute check-in – You can choose to chat via web conference or phone for 1 15-minute chat between sessions.
- Support between sessions – I will respond to your email or chat as close to real time as possible.
You can also choose to sign up for a monthly subscription (contact me for price). This would include assigned homework, an email check-in every 7-10 days, and a response to your email/text within 24-48 business hours. The Hogan Assessments/Review and Reflection sessions are available at an additional cost.
For additional services including group coaching, leadership development curriculum, team building, career workshops, and speaking engagements please contact me for additional information.